4 doctors weighed in:
Fragrance makes me ill. When I go into a home, a taxi, even a spa, I leave asap if someone has sprayed, burnt incense or candles, etc. Is it allergies!?
4 doctors weighed in

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Internal Medicine
3 doctors agree
In brief: No
It is not an allergy but a hyper-sensitivity.
Many people have this issue. Avoidance is the most effective treatment for it. That's not always possible but you can at least inform acquaintances, friends, and family to not use strong aromas.

In brief: No
It is not an allergy but a hyper-sensitivity.
Many people have this issue. Avoidance is the most effective treatment for it. That's not always possible but you can at least inform acquaintances, friends, and family to not use strong aromas.
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
46 years in practice
16M people helped
Continue
107,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors