Can post-flu symptoms (clear sticky mucus, uncomfortable breathing, no gasping, tightness in ribs, fatigue, no fevers) linger on and off for months?

Dr. Nader Roheny

In brief: Need further work up

If you have a cough or wheezing or intermittent shortness of breath you need further evaluation by a physician , the above symptoms wouldn't have been concerning for a few weeks but if you have them for months you need to be seen.

In brief: Need further work up

Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Secretions sticky

Sounds to me like you may have allergies with possibly a touch of asthma.
The asthma will cause the uncomfortable breathing. At your age you will need a good physical exam and history yearly. You primary care doctor will be able to sort through this quite nicely. If wheezes are heard in the lungs, the diagnosis is easy. You can also get tested for allergies. Good luck and feel better!

In brief: Secretions sticky

Dr. Peter Kurzweil