Taking Ambien (zolpidem) for sleep, & my doctor is weaning me off of ativan after 3 yrs with giving me celexa now. I worry about replacing one drug with another.

Dr. Melissa Conner

In brief: Switch improvement

Ambien (zolpidem) is a much better med for sleep than Ativan as it lasts longer and is considered less addicting.
Celexa may help anxiety or mood symptoms that may contribute to sleep difficulties and may be a better medication over the long term for your symptoms.

In brief: Switch improvement

Dr. Melissa Conner
Dr. Melissa Conner
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology

In brief: Not easy

Ativan is hard to come off.
Sometimes i will switch my patients over to Klonopin (clonazepam) first which is easier to wean. Something to consider if one has a lot of symptoms of anxiety or insomnia.

In brief: Not easy

Ativan is hard to come off.
Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman