Is cerebral palsy the result of “birth injury? ” how is different from a “birth defect”?

Cerebral palsy is a . Group of disorders of impaired motor functions described by limitations of mobility & hand use. Fetal brain malformations or ?ed blood flow/oxygen can occur from the 3rd week of gestation till term, especially near the end of the 2nd trimester. Asphyxia during labor & delivery or in the first years of life accounts for ~ 10 of cases, in whom hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy is diagnosed.
See below. Cerebral palsy can be caused by random genetic mutation before the birth, maternal infection during pregnancy, fetal stroke during pregnancy, or a lack of oxygen to the brain during labor and delivery. This is why the baby is constantly monitored during labor to make sure that they are safe and doing well. A birth defect is usually a genetic abnormality.
Not necessarily/lots. CP results from injury to the developing brain anytime from pregnancy to the 3rd birthday.Studies published in the early 80's showed most CP kids had normal pregnancy/labor/delivery& first 3yrs.Birth injury implicated in some. A birth defect involves a malformation like cleft palate or distruction like amnionic band amputation of fingers. Pregnancy involves variable risk.
Complex question. Cerebral palsy is a description of static dysfunction of muscle control due to brain disorder. About 50% are of unknown cause. About 30% are due to definable developmental defects of the brain. Less than 20% can be associated with birth injury. Birth defects affect 2 to 3% of all children. Most are of heart, kidney, gut, limbs, lip, etc. Defects of the brain may result in cerebral palsy.