What is a pheochromocytoma like?

Dr. Martin Bress
In brief: See below
Pheochromocytoma is a tumor of the adrenal gland.
These tumors release chemicals called catecholamines which can cause high blood pressure, headaches, sweating and palpitations and rapid heart beat. The condition sometimes runs in families. The tumor can be diagnosed with urine measurements of the catecholamines. Most tumors are benign and are cured by surgical removal.

In brief: See below
Dr. Martin Bress
Dr. Martin Bress
Dr. Bennett Werner
I didn't see Dr. Bress's answer before I answer but, as you can see, we said same things and I agree with him.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Very rare
Pheos are very rare - about 1 in a million.
They cause paroxysms of high blood pressure and rapid heart rate but sometimes cause sustained high blood pressure. Other symptoms are palpitations, nervousness and irritability, headache, sweating, weight loss. If you think you have one, you probably don't! blood and urine tests can confirm or exclude them.

In brief: Very rare
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner