Whats a way to try and get an overweight child to lose some weight?

Dr. Richard Nguyen
Bariatrics

In brief: Excersize.

Kids should have daily excersize and play patterns to remain active and healthy.

In brief: Excersize.

Dr. Richard Nguyen
Dr. Richard Nguyen
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Good 4 You 4 trying!

Congratulations for recognizing the problem and trying to do something about it.
There is no easy answer, of course. I suggest you lead by example. Keep fruits in the house. Don't allow junk food. Don't go to fast food restaurants. Offer healthy snacks like non-fat yogurt, carrots/celery spiced up with humus. Encourage fun, family sports. Don't watch tv. Praise success. Weigh weekly. Use rewards.

In brief: Good 4 You 4 trying!

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Steven Seres