How is it that my carotid artery might hurt and how do I fix it?

Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Carotid Pain
Carotid artery pain is also called carotodynia.
This is caused by inflammation of the arterial bulb, where the internal and external arteries divide from the common carotid artery. I recommend large doses of nsaids, such as Ibuprofen 800 mg three times / day for fourteen days. Prednisone is also generally very effective, but is used only if nsaids don't work. See your primary care healthcare provi.

In brief: Carotid Pain
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
In brief: Is it your carotid?
How do you know it is your carotid artery.
Does it pulse (throb?) i would not hesitate to get to a doctor asap. Get some personal answers.

In brief: Is it your carotid?
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology