What lifestyle changes can I make to decrease my risk for carotid artery disease?

David Miller
In brief: Many
Lose weight, lower your cholesterol, control your diabetes, lower your blood pressure, lower your stress.
These are all within your power to affect but it will take some work on your part.

In brief: Many
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: DO NOT SMOKE
Smoking is probably the single worst thing that a human could do to themselves to increase the risk of peripheral vascular disease.
Improving other risk factors such as hypertension, diabetes and hypercholesterolemia also need to be addressed in the journey to decrease the chance of peripheral vascular disease.

In brief: DO NOT SMOKE
Dr. Khashayar Salartash
Dr. Khashayar Salartash