Occasionally, I have been getting blue lips, i'm 19 year old and a asthmatic. What does it mean when my lips go blue?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Medications/M.D.

This is a very serious symptom and can indicate that your oxygen level is low.
If your asthma is not under good control, additional medications may be used. It is important to speak with your physician as soon as you can. If you are allergic to dust, mold, pet dander, or other allergens, try to clean extensively and avoid these triggers. If you are allergic, on high pollen days keep windows closed.

In brief: Medications/M.D.

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See allergist

Blue lips may mean very low oxygen as stated by anothe r doctor. If your asthma is that severe, you should consult an allergy specialist asap.

In brief: See allergist

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology