Why do we get mouth ulcers on the tongue?

Stress or food . A common ulcer that can form on tongue is called an apthous ulcer and can appear on oral tissues after trauma, stress and certain food items. This viral caused ulcer sits dormant in our ganglion until an event turns them on. These ulcers are usually small whitish lesions with a red halo and last for about 7-10 days.
Oral hygiene... ...Appears to play a major role in canker sores on tongue. Check the ingredient label on your toothpaste to see whether it contains sodium lauryl sulfate (sls). Try an alternative product without sls and compare the results. Try an antimicrobial mouthwash, and a steroid rinse or gel (which requires a prescription). Minimize trauma in the mouth such as over-aggressive brushing.