Can you get menopause when your in your 60s?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

Menopause is defined as not having a period for 12 months.
The average age in the us is 51. So there can be women who are younger and older going through menopause. I have a few women in my practice that are still having regular cycles at 60. They r definitely biologically younger than their chronological age.

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Nadini Verma
Gynecology

In brief: Depends

Menopause is defined as absence of periods for one year. The average age for women to undergo menopause is 51.
7 years. Some women will continue to have their periods later than this, into late fifties. I personally have not seen women having spontaneous periods in 60's. I would invite my colleagues to comment.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Nadini Verma
Dr. Nadini Verma