Could my mother have obsessive compulsive disorder?

History. There needs to be a comprehensive evaluation by either her primary care physician or a psychiatrist to diagnose the mental health condition. If you are concerned feel free to make an appointment with one.
OCD. OCD is obsessive compulsive disorder, which is comprised of obsessions (repeating unwanted thoughts) and compulsions (ritualistic behaviors to help deal with those thoughts) such as washing hands repeatedly, constantly cleaning, checking locks, and other similar behaviors. Often the emotions behind OCD are based in fear and/or anger that is unresolved and even unverbalized. Get Mom an eval.