Can TMJ specialists dislocate the jaws?

Caution. It is possible that dislocation could happen. It is unlikely that someone who treats this disorder would cause the event through therapy.
Dislocate? I assume you mean "relocate" a dislocated jaw. See a TMJ expert to help evaluate and treat your problem. A TMJ expert can be general dentist, an oral surgeon, prosthodontist, orofacial pain specialist. Ask your physician, dentist or dental society for a recommendation.
It is possible. TMJ dislocation can occur following a series of events like laughing, vomiting, singing, eating, habitual dislocation and even dental treatment or TMJ examination by specialist. Regardless the cause, it is easy putting a dislocated jaw back in place.
Rarely. Might depend on perception of what a "dislocation" of the jaw is. If while undergoing treatment, a patient locks up (either open or closed,) it might be taken that the provider caused the problem. This most commonly is not the case.