How to know if I have mono, or the flu or another sinus infection.!?

M.D. visit. Your doctor may check your sinuses for tenderness. Headaches or sinus pain may indicate a sinus infection. Testing can be performed at your doctor's office to determine if you have mono or the flu. Checking your temperature and reporting any fever to your physician will help them determine your treatment.