What are dermal fillers and botox treatment for?

Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Botox

is used to reduce facial wrinkles by relaxing the underlying muscles.
Fillers are used to restore volume to the face in areas where volume has been lost due to aging.

In brief: Botox

Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Dr. Henry Mentz
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Fillers and Botox

Juvederm, Perlane, and Restylane (dermal fillers) are hyaluronic-based fillers used to fill in lines around the mouth and those that extend from the nose to the mouth.
BOTOX Cosmetic are cosmetic injectables that greatly reduce the appearance of creases between the brows, on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth.

In brief: Fillers and Botox

Dr. Henry Mentz
Dr. Henry Mentz
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Wrinkle reduction

Botox blocks nerve transmission and thus makes the muscle flaccid.
It is approved here for use in the region above your nose, forehead and crows feet on the sides of your eyes. It lasts about 3.5 months. It will not allow you to squint or raise your eyebrows up so your forehead will lose its fine lines. Fillers are thicker products jelly like they are used to fill cheeks and facial folds ie mouth.

In brief: Wrinkle reduction

Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Glenn Messina
2 comments
Dr. Steven Brown
botox typically lasts 6-8 months if properly administered to patient under 65 years of age
Dr. Glenn Messina
According to the allergan literature the producers of botox cosmetic proclaim botox will have a duration of up to 4 months. Like I stated 3.5 but my experience is limited I have only been injecting botox since 1989.
Dr. Eric Weisman