Will my gp refer me to another doc for pectus excavatum? Please help me docs!

Not likely. You have lived 37 healthy? Years with it. He may need to examine you and maybe do x rays and/ or echo, but not necessarily will have to send you to a cardiologist.
Probably. Some doctors may not be aware of the cardiorespiratory derangement that can be associated with pectus excavatum. The work-up to determine the severity of PE includes chest CT scan, echocardiogram, and pulmonary function tests. Once these are done, he or she should refer you to a thoracic surgeon. If you are asymptomatic, her or she may elect to just follow you without referral.