Can i get serotonin syndrome from a starting dose of 50mg of zoloft (sertraline)?

In brief: Uncommon

But never say never. I just met a woman who had a serotonin syndrome off of a single dose of lexapro.

In brief: Uncommon

Dr. Jane Kang

In brief: Unlikely

Serotonin syndrome is very rare already.
At this dose, it is unlikely. However, it is possible. It also depends on what else you are taking; if you are taking migraine medications, other psychiatric medications, or pain medications (like tramadol), you are more likely to get it. If you think you have it, stop the zoloft (sertraline) and ask the doctor who prescribed it.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Jane Kang
Dr. Jane Kang
Dr. Eric Weisman