What to expect when getting ear tubes?

Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Less infections.
Ear tubes help about 80% of people who get them for recurring ear infections.
For most patients who have had tubes placed, no subsequent treatment is necessary unless there is an ear infection and/or drainage. The ENT doctor can tell you what to expect, based on whether the tubes are to be temporary or permanent.

In brief: Less infections.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Richard Strabbing
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Office procedure
95% of adults who receive ear tubes in my practice choose to have this done in the office.
Under a microscope the ear drum is anaesthetized with topical phenol, a microscopic incision placed, any fluid suctioned from the ear, and a tube placed in the incision. All this takes less than 5 minutes.

In brief: Office procedure
Dr. Richard Strabbing
Dr. Richard Strabbing
Dr. Cindy Juster