Do people with Down syndrome always have the physical characteristics?

In brief: Always is a big word
I have encountered some with very mild features & one that had the features of a dwarf & none recognizable as DS.
Since every cell of their body has the same extra chromosome, certain organs/areas tend to have the same problems. Their facial features/hands/feet are similar.Their heart often has a defect,but not always the same one. They share similarities but there is variation within this group.

In brief: Always is a big word
Dr. Johanna Fricke
People with mosaic Down Syndrome, in whom some of their cells have Trisomy 21 & some have a normal number of Chromosomes, may have less obvious facial features & fewer classical findings. To a certain extent, this is based on the level of mosaicism, the percentage of their bodies' cells that have Trisomy 21,
Yes.

Yes.
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Jonathan Jassey