Just been diagnosed with diabetes insipidus any tips?

It is very important. See your doctor immediately if you notice the two most common signs of diabetes insipidus: excessive urination and extreme thirst. And follow his or her instruction, control your wieght.
Drink when thirsty. Do not try to control the excessive urination by withholding fluids. Your body needs fluids to function normally and cannot stop making urine, even when dehydrated. Medication may be able to help reduce the amount of urine produced and the frequency of voiding, as well as how water much you need to drink every day. Water is the best thing to drink.