What are the causes of chronic cough?

Bronchial irritation. Bronchial tube irritation, sinus/nasal irritation, gastroesophageal reflux all tend to cause chronic cough. In the lung smoking, asthma, pneumonia (especially pertussis, mycoplasma), foreign bodies can cause chronic cough. Treat acid reflux disease, sinus infection sinusitis. Some medications such as ace inhibitors. Stepwise treatment of asthma with sinus, gi, treatment avoid aspirin/dust.
Causes... Causes of chronic cough include bronchospasm from any etiology, gerd, sinus conditions or a combination of these factors. Chronic cough needs doctor evaluation since all these conditions have entirely different treatments.