Can I start feeding adult foods to my 8-month old?

Dr. Alan Greene

There's no convincing evidence that delaying any food beyond 4 to 6 months reduces the odds of allergies.
The main reasons to delay some foods at 8 months: 1) choking hazard (like peanuts), 2) might cause an infection (like honey or raw eggs), 3) contain questionable ingredients (such as artificial colors), or 4) aren't good foods that you want kids to learn to love (such as soda or french fries).

Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Alan Greene

If your baby is interested in table foods mash the food to a consistency that your baby can handle and go for it.
Watch out for choking hazards. I generally do not introduce whole dairy products, whole eggs, strawberries, or fish until closer to 12 months and nut/peanut products or shellfish until 3 years but that can vary as well.

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Mark Diamond

One of the best answers I have seen is provided in this thread by dr. Alan green.
There is currently no reason to not prepare your own food for the baby, other than convenience.

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cindy Juster