After alcoholic fatty liver reverses, is drinking actually dangerous? I don't see myself never having beers with the guys or wine with my wife.

Dr. Enrique Molina
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Potentially yes

Drinking leads to fatty liver, which is reversible once you stop drinking, if there is no scarring already.
For you to know if there is scarring in the liver you would need a liver biopsy. Alcoholic fatty liver can then turn into cirrhosis, which is non-reversible. You can probably get away with a drink every now and then, but nothing on a daily / regular basis.

In brief: Potentially yes

Dr. Enrique Molina
Dr. Enrique Molina
Dr. Keegan Duchicela