My surfboard fin slammed into my calf; now an intense cramp-like leg pain wakes me several times per night, even a week after the incident. Thoughts?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Q 4 Ortho Dr 4 Dude

I will share this with our orthopedic and sports physicians.
Please add information to comment about whether skin was broken, cut was clean, color of area of injury, pain on walking, etc. Thanks. Nb ht doctors: please read comments from member below my answer.

In brief: Q 4 Ortho Dr 4 Dude

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Contusion

You most likely have a contusion and possibly a hematoma in the muscle.
This may cause spasm and cramp like pain. Massage, and now starting to use a heating pad may help. However, if you are having increasing swelling, and pain which doesnt improve with rest, you need to be checked to make sure you dont have a blood clot.

In brief: Contusion

Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Dr. Kenneth Tepper
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine