I have a hiatal hernia. Does it cause knots in the upper stomach under the ribs?

Might feel like knot. Your hiatal hernia might feel like a knot under your ribs due to pressure. Keep a diary of your symptoms, knot, pressure, acid in your throat and mouth. Add to your diary when and what you ate, to see how eating affects your symptoms. Your diary will help your doc decide your best therapy. Most hiatal hernias are small and manageable with diet, medical therapy and scope/egd.
No. No. A hiatal hernia is an enlarged opening in the diaphragm back near the spine where the esophagus comes through the diaphragm. You can not feel it on your abdominal wall.