I always feel the contents of my food up my throat after eating. Is this sure sign of gastric reflux?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Probably LERD w/GERD

Exposure of the vocal cords to stomach acid & pepsin will result in inflammation of the vocal cords (as is also often seen with acid regurgitation).
Acute laryngitis may result, but watch out for chronic hoarseness, throat clearing, airway spasms, bronchitis, an asthma-type presentation, and even a higher risk of throat cancer. Please get evaluation & treatment for your laryngo-esophageal reflux.

In brief: Probably LERD w/GERD

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Patrice Hirning

In brief: Reflux

This can be a sign of esophageal reflux but does not make the diagnosis.

In brief: Reflux

Dr. Patrice Hirning
Dr. Patrice Hirning
Dr. Jack Hinkle