Every once in a while it feels like my heart skips a beat. Could it be due to my acid reflux or would that not be the problem?

Dr. Hamid Hai
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Skipped Heart Beats

What is referred to as a "skipped heart beat" is due to a premature beat of the heart.
This is a harmless condition and most people do not even notice it. However, some people do feel it, in some cases making people nervous and rarely making it hard for a person to function. If it produces such symptoms, it can be eliminated by medications, but in most cases that is not necessary.

In brief: Skipped Heart Beats

Dr. Hamid Hai
Dr. Hamid Hai
Dr. Jesus Yap
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Unlikely

Acid reflux is unlikely a cause of cardiac irregularity.
Skip beats are due to extra beats that arise in the lower chamber ( pvcs) or upper chamber of the heart (pacs) and are often benign.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Jesus Yap
Dr. Jesus Yap
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology