Cant swallow food and I feel like I choke with the food I eat I also have a shortness of breath I went to e.R and they told mr nothing was wrong what ?

Dr. Islam Abudayyeh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: See a GI doctor

You may be having achalasia and this should be looked at soon.
Ask your primary doctor to have you see a gastroenterologist soon and have an evaluation. You may need a barium swallow study or endoscopy for example. This has many causes and some definitely need to be addressed asap.

In brief: See a GI doctor

Dr. Islam Abudayyeh
Dr. Islam Abudayyeh
Dr. Stephen Siegel
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: ENT, swallow test

Choking on food could be related to food going into the trachea rather than the esophagus.
The swallowing mechanism needs to be evaluated. To start an throat exam by and ear/nose/throat doctor and also consider a swallowing xray such as a barium swallow

In brief: ENT, swallow test

Dr. Stephen Siegel
Dr. Stephen Siegel
Dr. Umesh Patel