My dentist said I have to get my wisdom teeth removed beforr they brake through do they do it n the office or do I go somewere else?

Dr. Wayne Roccia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Oral surgeon office
In our pittsburgh based oral surgery office, most of our patients come from referrals from general dentists.
Although some general dentists have the training and experience to extract wisdom teeth, oral surgeons are required to have a minimum of 4 years of hospital based surgical training. In general oral surgoens have more experience and expertise in the extraction of impacted wisdom teeth.

In brief: Oral surgeon office
Dr. Wayne Roccia
Dr. Wayne Roccia
Dr. James Bates
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Usually in office
Wisdom teeth that are impacted should generally be removed before they cause problems.
Impacted just means that they're buried under the gums in the bone and can't be seen except on an x-ray. Generally speaking this is an office procedure performed under intravenous and local anesthesia by an oral surgeon on an outpatient basis. It's a very common and safe procedure. Hospitalization isn't required.

In brief: Usually in office
Dr. James Bates
Dr. James Bates
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Depends.
Your dentist can remove them if he/she has has a lot of experience.
Some patients rather visit an oral surgeon for the procedure. Oral surgeons usually remove a lot of wisdom teeth and tend to be more efficient and can manage potential complications properly. It comes down to your comfort level with your dentist.

In brief: Depends.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
In brief: Depends
Some general dentists will remove wisdom teeth in their offices.
An oral surgeon has additional training above the level of a general dentist in removing teeth.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Justin Zumstein
Dr. Justin Zumstein
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
In brief: See below
Usually oral surgeons remove impacted molar teeth.
They are difficult to remove.With local anesthesia ie lidocaine when you are young.

In brief: See below
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Shontae Buffington