I wake up each morning at around 3 with stomach or lower intestine cramping like gas. I use metamucill every morning and it's a fairly high fiber diet?

Dr. Robert Cloud
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: See a physician

Change in bowel habits is an important sign and could indicate something is wrong in your intestinal tract and should be evaluated by a physician to rule these things out.
Most likely it is constipation. If you have a normal evacuation of stool, then fiber is good. However, should your evacuation process be abnormal, then too much fiber and/or metamucil will cause bloating, cramping and gas.

In brief: See a physician

Dr. Robert Cloud
Dr. Robert Cloud
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: IBS?

It sounds like irritable bowel syndrome.
You should be seen, and see what your doctor says. It could also be reflux, and those meds are easily available.

In brief: IBS?

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Andrea Brand