What would be the cause of my stomach hurting and having constipation/diarrhea?

Dr. Jyoti Ramakrishna
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology

In brief: Irritable bowel

The most likely cause of these symptoms - abdominal pain with alternating constipation and diarrhea - is irritable bowel.
However many things need to be checked first and you should see you doctor and see if they need to do any tests. A high fiber diet often helps if it is irritable bowel.

In brief: Irritable bowel

Dr. Jyoti Ramakrishna
Dr. Jyoti Ramakrishna
Dr. Ira Katz
Additionally, there are now several specific treatments available for Irritable Bowel Syndrome/ So if this is the problem you should see your doctor for potential treatment and to rule out other less likely problems, based on a more complete history and exam.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Lousy diet

This is so common that it is a mark of disgrace on the present concepts of diet.
Get rid of the "junk" and concentrate on "god-made" food. Avoid all forms of sugar. Go to my blog "oxygen the spark of life". You can google it.

In brief: Lousy diet

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Steven Seres