My 7 month old is on amoxicillin. He has a slight fever, can I give him tylenol (acetaminophen)?

In brief: Why and how long

You do not mention why your child is on amox or for how long.
Or what is a slight fever. Kids on antibiotics for a bacterial infection usually break their fever within 72 hours.

In brief: Why and how long

Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Yash Khanna
Yes you can give tylenol along with amoxicillin which must have been pescribed by the pediatrician for strep throat or ear inhection.There is no rason you can not use tylenol with amoxicillin.But do not guess the fever,check with a infant thermometer
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

But if the fever does not seem to be bothering him, do nothing.
Fever may be beneficial in helping to fight infection. Often we treat our own anxiety by giving children medication which may not be needed. If, however, he is restless, inconsolable, not feeding well, crying and irritable, trying a pediatric dose of tylenol (acetaminophen) is fine.

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Jonathan Jassey