My newborn has leg tremors?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Other causes

Some newborns may have changes in their metabolism eg glucose level which may contribute or cause this symptom. I would recommend having this evaluated as soon as possible.
It may be normal, but the seizures in newborn infants may present very subtly.

In brief: Other causes

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Gregory Mosolf

In brief: See doc

You should consult with your pediatrician.
It might be normal, but i recommend a discussion and examination by your doctor to be sure. You might want to take a video with your smart phone or camera to show the doctor. If newborn has fever call the doctor immediately.

In brief: See doc

Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Gregory Mosolf

In brief: Hard to assess

Most newborns have unrefined movements that reflect an immature nervous system. They gradually gain smoother movement over time as the nervous system matures.
This can be seen as transient shakiness with random movements.As long as the kid is alert,interactive and feeding well it is probably fine.If the kid seems out of it/off feeds/etc. you need to get it evaluated soon.

In brief: Hard to assess

Dr. Cindy Juster