Everytime I use my albuterol inhaler for my asthma II start shaking from my hands. Why is this?

Dr. Gary Kohn
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: See below
Albuterol is a medication that is a stimulant.
It is designed to interact primarily with beta 2 receptors found on muscles in your airways to help open them. However these receptors are found in other tissues as well and can create side effects such as tremors and increased heart rate. If your asthma is under good control you should not have to take albuterol very often and if so you shoulsee md.

In brief: See below
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Stimulant effect
Albuterol is a stimulant, similar to adrenaline - but it's engineered to cause less tremor than it opens up the lungs.
Most people tolerate albuterol well, but some people have an exaggerated stimulant effect from it. The best approach is to get a thorough evaluation by an allergist so that your asthma can be brought under excellent control in order to minimize your need for albuterol.

In brief: Stimulant effect
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Cindy Juster