Will watching a computer screen for long periods of time during my youth increase my risk of blindness in the future?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: Computer

I agree with dr chun.
Also, take a break every half hour to look at something far away out the window. This relaxes the focus on the eyes to reduce eyestrain. Try to use an artificial tear, such as theratears or systane ultra, every 30 minutes to reduce dry eye, especially late in the day. Blindness is very unlikely from prolonged computer use.

In brief: Computer

I agree with dr chun.
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

As far as we know, computer screens cannot make you lose your vision.
It might dry your eyes, and perhaps theoretically could give you a higher risk of becoming myopic, but no blindness.

In brief: No

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Adam Levy