Who should I talk to if I am worried that my parent has alzheimer's disease?

Dr. Maureen Nash
Psychiatry - Geriatric

In brief: Start with them

If the person doesn't believe they have a problem, you might want to enlist the aid of your siblings or friends of your parent.
Ideally you can go with them to a doctors appointment. If they are opposed to this you may need to send a letter to the doctor. Give specific examples of statements and actions that concern you.

In brief: Start with them

Dr. Maureen Nash
Dr. Maureen Nash
Dr. Kalyn Diamond
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Doctor

Schedule an appointment with your mom/dad's doctor and go with them to the appointment to discuss your concerns.

In brief: Doctor

Dr. Kalyn Diamond
Dr. Kalyn Diamond
Dr. Sarab Alfata

In brief: PCP

Talk to his/her primary care physician, the doctor will be able to help with diagnosis, treatment and other options.

In brief: PCP

Dr. Sarab Alfata
Dr. Sarab Alfata
Dr. Jonathan Jassey