My son is 6 1/2 months old and can move from tummy to back and back to tummy. Lately he keeps rolling onto his tummy to fall asleep. Should I let him?

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine

As long as the child is able to roll on their own, it is ok.
Keep in mind, the child shouldn't have anything else in the bed. No bumper pads, blankets, toys etc. These are the things the child can get tangled up in and strangle.

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Dr. Ryan Stanton

In brief: Yes and no

It is a personal thing.
I would always put him down on his back.What he does later is up to him, and I don't get up to re-position them if they roll over.Over many years as a pediatrician, I have seen too many families have to deal with SIDS.They always second guess whether they could have done something to prevent it, and back positioning helps for the younger ones.

In brief: Yes and no

It is a personal thing.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey