Yesterday I woke up with a bursted blood vessel in the left corner of my eye. I did not hit anything. Should I be concerned about it? I'm 25 yrs. Old.

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Unlikely problem
The surface of the eye has veins which sometimes have a weakened walll at some point.
A little blood can seep out with eye rubbing, coughing, sneezing, lifting too much weight, etc. This looks dramatic but is benign and will absorb with no action on your part in 3-10 days depending upon the amount. You need only be concerned if you have bruising/bleeding elsewhere.

In brief: Unlikely problem
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. John Downing
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
A broken blood vessel in the conjunctiva (the covering of the white of the eye) can be caused by straining, heavy lifting, rubbing your eyes, or can just happen without any apparent cause.
They look bad, so people notice them, but they are almost never associated with any disease. They are essentially bruises, and so can take days to weeks to clear up. No treatment is needed or useful.

In brief: No
Dr. John Downing
Dr. John Downing
Dr. Marsha Davis