Can the strain of genital warts cause warts on your face or just in your mouth? How likely is it to get HPV on my face after one dose of guardisil?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: There are many...

...Strains of the virus (hpv) that causes warts.
Generally speaking, the strains that cause genital warts are not found in facial warts, although that has never been proven, to my knowledge. Gardisil protects against 4 of the strains of hpv that cause genital warts, so even multiple doses of gardisil are unlikely to have any effect on facial warts, one way or the other.

In brief: There are many...

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Both places

Herpes virus, 2 in this case can usually causes lesions to appear where the virus first entered the body.
They live inside the nerves. If you have oral sex, you can get them in the mouth. I'll leave it to your imagination how facial warts, or herpes lesions, come about! this a family rated network!

In brief: Both places

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Joseph Eastern
With all due respect, you have confused herpes simplex virus (HSV) with human papilloma virus (HPV). The question concerned the latter, so you may wish to edit your answer.
Dr. Erin Robertson
General Practice

In brief: There are over 70

human papilloma viral genomes.
Gardasil was designed to provide protection against only the 4 strains most commonly associated with cervical cancer, with the added benefit for guys of lowering their risk for genital warts. The strains that like the face like more keratinized tissue. Check out: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hpv-infection/basics/symptoms/con-20030343

In brief: There are over 70

human papilloma viral genomes.
Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Erin Robertson