Are there any vitamins I can take to strengthen my hair being that I am african american?

Vitamins for hair. If you want to grow your hair as long and thick as possible then you might want to investigate biotin, vitamin a, c and e all of which have been shown to help your hair.
Sort of. Biotin, which is sort of a vitamin, is essential to hair growth and strength; about 5000 units/day may help to strengthen your hair. Iron is also an essential component of hair growth, so if you have low iron stores (as many people do), you may need to take an iron supplement; a doctor can draw a ferritin level, which is a measure of iron stores, and tell you if you need iron.