Does pain in my left hand between my thumb and pointer fingers mean I have carpal tunnel? I tried a hand brace but no relief!

Arthritis. Pain between the thumb and index finger is most commonly from a joint called the basal joint also known as the first carpometacarpal joint. Depending upon your age it can be either a loose joint or possibly arthritis. I would have you see a hand surgeon to get x-rays and a full evaluation.
Possible, but less. More commonly median nerve entrapment causes numbness and/or pain in the first three digits and the radial side of the forth digit. Most people report numbness rather than pain.This is an easy diagnosis to exclude by doing a nerve conduction study (physiatrist, neurologist, and some rheumatologists), which will exclude or corroborate the diagnosis. Injecting the carpal tunnel is 1st rx.