Does pain in my left hand between my thumb and pointer fingers mean I have carpal tunnel? I tried a hand brace but no relief!

Dr. David Tuckman
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Arthritis
Pain between the thumb and index finger is most commonly from a joint called the basal joint also known as the first carpometacarpal joint.
Depending upon your age it can be either a loose joint or possibly arthritis. I would have you see a hand surgeon to get x-rays and a full evaluation.

In brief: Arthritis
Dr. David Tuckman
Dr. David Tuckman
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Possible, but less
More commonly median nerve entrapment causes numbness and/or pain in the first three digits and the radial side of the forth digit.
Most people report numbness rather than pain.This is an easy diagnosis to exclude by doing a nerve conduction study (physiatrist, neurologist, and some rheumatologists), which will exclude or corroborate the diagnosis. Injecting the carpal tunnel is 1st rx.

In brief: Possible, but less
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Eric Weisman