I've had blood in my semen twice within the past week, along with intense testicular pain/tenderness one day. No blood in urine. What's the cause?

In brief: Hematospermia

Usually self limiting infx most likely...See urologist.

In brief: Hematospermia

Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Thomas Namey
A chlamydia infection cannot cure itself. It also can cause arthritis, it can be spread to a female partner, and this can cause infertility! Not usually self-limiting.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Epididymitis!

What decribe is an infection of the epididymus attached to the testicle.
It usually is unilateral, ie .Left (one-hung-lo), but can affect either side. This is a significant medical condition which can lead to hematospermia. See your doctor, who will put you on an antibiotic immediately! if treated quickly, there are usually no after effects. Sho should be checked for chlamydia, if you've had re.

In brief: Epididymitis!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine