My toddler is miserable whenever we are in any groups. She refuses to give it a chance and cries the whole time. Help!?

Not to worry. Your child probably grew up with not many people around and it will take time getting used to bigger groups. Toddlers get upset when feeling unsafe or having separation anxiety. The best medicine is reassurance, love and hug. If you are calm it will be much easier for your toddler.
Normal Development. Toddlers will test your patience! Sounds like she's having a tantrum and the most inopportune moment! Each toddler has their own temperament. You just have to plan accordingly. Perhaps find a sitter or a family member to watch her. You just have to pick your battles with them. restaurants, social settings, parties, are setups for failure at this age! Take it easy. Reward positive behavior!