Sore throat past few days with low fever. Doc said not strep or lung infection. But now coughing bright red blood. Is that normal for some colds?

See a physician. Coughing bright red blood Coughing up blood can be caused by a variety of lung conditions. Coughing up blood, even in small amounts is always a red flag and needs to be immediately addressed. See your physician for complete physical exam and check your chest and lungs. .
Get back to the Dr. Coughing up blood is not a good sign. I would get back to your dr. And be re-evaluated.