Would nonspecific esophageal dysmotility make botox injjection for damaged recurrent laryngeal nerve contraindicated? Are there better options?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Botox for RLN?

Unspecific esopageal dysmotility should not be affected by laryngeal Botox treatment.
It is difficult to suggest options since I am unclear of what your voice and swallowing issues are, what caused the rln damage and what your vocal cords actually look like. Are you under the care of an ent/ otolaryngologist/ laryngologist?

In brief: Botox for RLN?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Not sure what's up

Not sure why Botox would be given for someone with a damaged recurrent laryngeal nerve.
Usually a damaged nerve leads to a weak breathy voice and swallowing difficulty due to decreased sensation on that side of the throat. Maybe there is something new that I am unaware of but i certainly would consider a second opinion.

In brief: Not sure what's up

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan