Once I stop taking the pill how long do I need to wait before trying to get pregnant?

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: No need to

You can start taking your Folic Acid 400 mcg to 1 mg and a prenatal vitamin now.
There is no need to wait, you can just start trying to conceive. Most women ovulate within a few weeks of stopping the pill. Some women will not ovulate for a few months.

In brief: No need to

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Rebecca Gray

In brief: Right away

You can start trying immediately.
Just be aware of the slightly increased risk of multiples for the first month after discontinuing the pill. This risk goes back to baseline starting with the second month.

In brief: Right away

You can start trying immediately.
Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. Adam Levy