Is it ok to take prenatal vitamins while on the monthly cycle?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Yes!
None of constituents of the prenatal vitamins pose any harm. In fact the extra Folic Acid and b6 may help you in ways you are unfamiliar with.
Lowering plasma homocysteine, an endothelial toxin. Folic acid and moderate doses of the vitamins are exreted by urination. The do not contain excessive quatities of vitamin d and a, which are fat soluble. I recommend 2000iu of softgel vitamin d3.

In brief: Yes!
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: Yes!
Prenatal vitamins are a safe way to ensure your body is receiving essential vitamins and Folic Acid -- you can take daily without regard to your monthly cycle.

In brief: Yes!
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Jane Van Dis