Is frequent urination a sign of IBS in teens?

Dr. James Kuan
Urology

In brief: Sometimes

Ibs and irritative urinary symptoms can sometimes go hand in hand, since many people might have some pelvic muscle tightness as a result or cause of symptoms which can affect both urinary and bowel function.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. James Kuan
Dr. James Kuan
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: ? Bowel symptoms

Patients with ibs may have urinary frequency, however diagnosis is made on bowel symptoms.
I.E. Pain presnt for 6 months, or few days every moth for at least 3 months. Pain relieved by bm or linked to changes in frequency, cosistency or appearance of bm. From diarrhea to constipation. Also feeling of need to strain or incomplete evacuation of stool. Possible bloating.

In brief: ? Bowel symptoms

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Cindy Juster