I woke up today so dizzy everytime i move my head or stand up, also felt some bad nausea. I am in the ER now, but is there any anti-dizziness medicine i can get over-the-counter to prevent it?

Dr. Jeff Seaman

In brief: Complex Issue

I would like to know why you are getting dizzy before treating it.
Many things can cause dizziness such as ear infections, baro-reflex dysautonomia, regular or vestibular migraines, disorders of your inner ear, anemia, dehydration, and ms (very rare). Please follow-up with your regular doctor if it recurs. Some people tolerate Meclizine well but the cause of your dizziness needs to be found.

In brief: Complex Issue

Dr. Jeff Seaman
Dr. Jeff Seaman
Dr. Victor Bonuel

In brief: Ask questions

From the er dr the cause of ur dizziness.
We simply don't treat the dizziness but the cause of it. It could be issues related to low or high blood pressure or blood sugar, hydration status, ear/vestibular problems, meds side effects, gastritis/ stomach irritation etc. Take care! http://www.M.Webmd.Com/a-to-z-guides/tc/dizziness-lightheadedness-and-vertigo-topic-overview.

In brief: Ask questions

Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Marsha Davis