Why would anybody not have their newborn baby or child vaccinated?

Dr. Cristina Carballo
Pediatrics - Neonatology

In brief: Religion

Sometimes people state religious reasons.
Sometimes they are ignorant to the seriousness the actual diseases cause and some people believe the old study which showed that vaccines can cause autism. This study was proven wrong, data was manipulated for the benifit of the researcher. Vaccines do not cause autism, but can save lives!

In brief: Religion

Dr. Cristina Carballo
Dr. Cristina Carballo
Dr. Martin Raff
One of the truly incurable conditions also plays a role, Stupidity.
Dr. Pamela Lindor

In brief: Good question!

I think the main reasons are that some parents are too easily influenced by "main stream media" and that most people don't realize the seriousness of the diseases vaccines prevent! this decision not to vaccinate is a fairly recent american cultural phenomenon.
People in most parts of the world know that measles and diptheria and bacterial meningitis kill children everyday and appreciate vaccines.

In brief: Good question!

Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Pamela Lindor